Thursday, August 26, 2004

Comment on the Iraqi War

This posting is a break from the Trial. I have to say something about the presidential race and the current day focus on the Vietnam War instead of the Iraqi War.

Is there anyone out there that believes our president or his successors are going to show the veterans of the Iraqi War any more respect than he and his predecessors have shown the Vietnam veterans?

Why would anyone follow this president into war knowing what he did to John McCain in South Carolina and how he personally avoided active-duty front line service during the Vietnam War by joining the National Guard and then by obtaining a student deferment to attend Harvard?

I don't know if Bush was AWOL during the time he did serve in the National Guard and don't know if Kerry's wounds were self inflicted or whether he was in Cambodia on Christmas Eve 1968. What I do know is I don't want to be involved and I don't want my kids involved in Bush's religious war and I am discussed by his lack of leadership during his first term. But, I doubt that Kerry would provide a significantly better solution. I like the phrase: "you can't stick a tissue between the differences in Bush and Kerry." I have a similar feeling with respect to Democrats and Republicans, so what is the big fuss about, neither party wants Americans to be free and enjoy the fruits of their labor.

I think it is time for those Americans in Iraq to just come home and let the Iraqi people sort out their own country. The war was a mistake from day one and there is no indication that things are really going to improve anytime soon. Allowing the war to continue only demonstrates the governments true indifference to the American soldiers that are giving their lives and limbs and valuable time with their families to feed Bush's quest for personal glory as a war president.

As far as I am concerned, anyone that follows this president or the next into war gets what they deserve, if they live they get to come home to the disrespect of the American people and the people of the world.

Whose freedom are they fighting for anyway, if it's not their own it's not their battle! I doubt the Iraqi's will ever take away the freedom of any American while they are in America, but the government of the United States will, so who is the real enemy?

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Reading your blog and I figured you'd be interested in advancing your life a bit, call us at 1-206-339-5106. No tests, books or exams, easiest way to get a Bachelors, Masters, MBA, Doctorate or Ph.D in almost any field.

Totally confidential, open 24 hours a day.

Hope to hear from you soon!

August 9, 2005 at 7:09 PM  
Blogger lisasmith1861 said...

I read over your blog, and i found it inquisitive, you may find My Blog interesting. My blog is just about my day to day life, as a park ranger. So please Click Here To Read My Blog

January 5, 2006 at 3:34 PM  
Blogger lucyhunor1557984704 said...

I read over your blog, and i found it inquisitive, you may find My Blog interesting. So please Click Here To Read My Blog

http://pennystockinvestment.blogspot.com

January 29, 2006 at 3:34 AM  
Blogger 5gb49hz said...

Get any Desired College Degree, In less then 2 weeks.

Call this number now 24 hours a day 7 days a week (413) 208-3069

Get these Degrees NOW!!!

"BA", "BSc", "MA", "MSc", "MBA", "PHD",

Get everything within 2 weeks.
100% verifiable, this is a real deal

Act now you owe it to your future.

(413) 208-3069 call now 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

May 10, 2006 at 5:17 PM  
Blogger zfhe19evtv said...

hey, I just got a free $500.00 Gift Card. you can redeem yours at Abercrombie & Fitch All you have to do to get yours is Click Here to get a $500 free gift card for your backtoschool wardrobe

October 2, 2006 at 4:14 AM  
Blogger mtx1x22wyv said...

hey, I just got a free $500.00 Gift Card. you can redeem yours at Abercrombie & Fitch All you have to do to get yours is Click Here to get a $500 free gift card for your backtoschool wardrobe

October 2, 2006 at 4:58 PM  
Blogger n852vl said...

hey, I just got a free $500.00 Gift Card. you can redeem yours at Abercrombie & Fitch All you have to do to get yours is Click Here to get a $500 free gift card for your backtoschool wardrobe

October 9, 2006 at 4:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home